Latest on COVID-19 in NSW: by the numbers
THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK IN NSW
* New locally acquired cases: 293 (down 11 cases on the previous 24-hour period)
* New cases acquired overseas: 0
* Total cases for the entire pandemic: 74,456
* In hospital: 381 (-37)
* In intensive care: 82 (-15)
* Deaths in current outbreak: 508 (+2)
* Deaths for the entire pandemic: 564
* Tests processed (over 24-hour reporting period): 89,678
* Total vaccinations administered (as of Wednesday): 12,256, 807
* Vaccination coverage (aged 16 and over, as of Wednesday): 93.4 per cent have had at least one dose, 86.5 per cent are fully vaccinated.
* Vaccination coverage (aged 12-15, as of Wednesday): 78.5 per cent have had their first dose, 54.8 per cent are fully vaccinated.
* Borders: Greater Sydney residents are not permitted to visit regional NSW unless for essential activity, and cannot freely enter any other Australian state or territory. Border restrictions for residents of regional NSW vary depending on location.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails