Perth fuel prices: Motorists prepare for highest ever prices on record
Motorists, brace yourselves: tomorrow’s average price for unleaded petrol is 169.0 cents per litre, the highest ever on record.
FuelWatch advises that most branded retailers are hiking up their prices by up to 41 cents per litre.
The highest individual price is 179.9 cents per litre at BP Manning, Crystal Brook (Lesmurdie) and Forrestfield, while Coles Express is at 178.9 cents per litre at Middle Swan and Cloverdale.
Some Caltex/Woolworths sites are at 177.p cpl, Caltex/Ampol will hit 177.9 cpl, 7-Eleven at 176.9 cpl, Puma up to 176.7 cpl and Vibe is up to 175.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Monday and Tuesday and at their most expensive on Wednesday and Thursday, so FuelWatch recommends motorists fill up today.
If you need to fill up on Wednesday, there are still more than 30 sites selling below 140 cpl.
The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 49 cpl, which means you could save up to $29 on a 60-litre tank of fuel.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
· 135.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Midland, 7-Eleven Midvale, 7-Eleven Wattle Grove, Puma Midvale and Puma Wattle Grove in the East
· 129.9 cpl at Caltex Kwinana in the South
· 133.9 cpl at 7-Eleven Morley in the North.
Wednesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
· 136.9 cpl at FastFuel 24/7 (Forrestfield) in the East
· 130.9 cpl at Caltex Kwinana in the South
· 134.7 cpl at 7-Eleven Bassendean in the North.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails