KFC SuperCoach AFL: New rules and features for 2022
More trades, more flexibility, more fun – welcome to KFC SuperCoach AFL 2022.
Australia’s biggest and best fantasy footy game is back and there are some big changes to take your KFC SuperCoach experience to a whole new level, and allow you to tailor your game exactly how you love to play.
Register today to take on the role of coach and manager of your own team of AFL stars, take a shot at the $50,000 grand prize and claim ultimate bragging rights over your mates.
This year every coach will have 35 trades to use across the 23 home-and-away rounds – up from 30 last year – including all-new trade boosts that give you the option of adding a bonus trade when you need it most.
Other new features include the addition of new dual-position players mid-season (call it the Jack Ziebell rule) and the ability to edit trades after lockout.
And now you can make your private leagues work for you – create and join leagues any time during the season, choose how many teams to include and which finals system to employ. Scroll down for more detail on all these fantastic new features and more.
KFC SUPERCOACH GAME CHANGES FOR 2022
– Every coach now has 35 trades over 23 rounds with a maximum of two per round and three during the byes (Rounds 12-14), unless you use a ...
– New trade boost! Up to five trade boosts can be used in any round to gain an extra trade for that round, up to a maximum of three per round or four during the byes. These bonus trades come out of your total of 35, and you can choose to use some, all or none of your five available trade boosts.
PLAYER POSITION UPDATES
At regular intervals during the season Champion Data will reassess player positions and assign dual-position status to players if their on-field role changes. For example, in 2021 Jack Ziebell was listed as a forward in KFC SuperCoach but spent the entire season at full-back – under the new rule he could become a FWD-DEF player mid-season.
Change your trade plans during a round? Now you have ultimate flexibility to adjust your moves after lockout – providing the players involved aren’t locked out and don’t bust your salary cap.
Any experienced SuperCoach knows public and private leagues are where the real action is in fantasy footy. Now you can tailor your league experience exactly how you want it:
– Create and join leagues at any time during the season
– Create private leagues of 6-20 teams, customise your fixture by selecting your start round and finals system (top five, top six or top eight)
– Select custom secondary rankings: percentage or total fantasy points
TRADE ASSIST (SUPERCOACH PLUS)
Use our smart technology to help with every step of the selection process: Intelligent auto-pick helps pick a team fast, the optimise button helps select the best team from your 30-player squad each round, and new trade assist suggests the best move for your team every round.
Other new features for SuperCoach Plus users – on top of score and price projections, break evens, player notes, live trade data, access to the early team picker and more – include:
– See the most popular vice-captains each round.
– See who was selected in starting line-ups across KFC SuperCoach and who started on the bench.
– Traded in/out for upcoming round now on every player’s profile page.
New to KFC SuperCoach or need a refresher? Use our customisable tool tips and screen walk-throughs based on experience level.
Try this exciting format of SuperCoach in which every player can only be selected once, just like a real AFL draft. The SuperCoach Draft platform has had a major upgrade for 2022, including:
– Take part in mock drafts to stage a test run and tweak your strategies before draft night. There are hundreds of mock drafts available to join at any time, covering all possible league configurations. Choose your pick position and see what works for you.
– More customisable options for squad sizes. Commissioner may customise completely by setting number of players per position on field and on bench to allow any structure.
– Allow setting of finals independent of season length.
– Pre-draft rankings improved management. It’s now much easier to move players up and down your list.
Stay tuned for more news on the amazing prices on offer this year in KFC SuperCoach plus expert advice and analysis on how to make the most of all the new features.
Originally published as KFC SuperCoach AFL: New rules and features for 2022
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails