The stock agent arrested as part of WA’s biggest alleged cattle duffing bust is Daniel Wood of Nutrien Harcourts. Police said on Friday detectives had arrested a 41-year-old man from Woodbridge, after he allegedly used his position as a stock agent to sell stolen cattle. Court listings showed Daniel Leonard Wood is scheduled to appear in the Carnarvon Magistrates Court on March 29 on five counts of alleged “receiving, possessing, concealing, disposing of or dealing with any money or property.” Nutrien’s website states Mr Wood is a rural and pastoral real estate specialist. Mr Wood services the Pilbara, Gascoyne, Murchison and Goldfields regions, according to realestate.com, and he also services the pastoral regions for all livestock activities. The revelation that Mr Wood has been charged in connection as part of the alleged cattle rustling bust has sent shock waves through WA’s rural community. One member said it was “hard to believe” given Mr Wood was a highly respected and well known member of WA’s pastoral industry. Mr Wood was charged in a second round of arrests made by detectives as part of Operation Topography, which was launched by the new WA rural crime squad. It has also emerged that a large number of cattle were sourced from national parks in the pastoral regions and many were “clean skins” — meaning they are unmarked or unbranded. Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Howes said under the Land Administration Act it was illegal to muster on Crown land (national parks) without first seeking permission from authorities, and giving neighbours the opportunity to identify and claim them first. He said to muster cattle in such areas, then mark them up as their own without first going through that process was considered stealing. Police have so far charged five people in relation to the theft of the 803 cattle worth about $800,000. Detective Senior Sergeant Howes said further arrests would be made in the next two to three weeks. The second phase of arrests — announced on Friday — includes a 37-year-old man from Carnarvon who allegedly stole cattle and sold them for approximately $60,000. He has been charged with two counts of stealing and one count of property laundering and is scheduled to appear in the Carnarvon Magistrates Court, along with Mr Wood, on March 29. A 64-year-old man was also charged with four counts of stealing as a servant and four counts of laundering property/money. He is scheduled to appear in the Karratha Magistrates Court on March 31. In the first phase of the operation, Richard Bernard Arends and his partner Rachael Elizabeth Third were charged with offences relating to the theft and sale of the 803 cattle. The pair, from Edmund Station in the Upper Gascoyne, appeared in the Carnarvon court last week, with the case adjourned until April 12.